The Calhoun County Career Academy Ambassador program provides students with the opportunity to be recognized for leadership, good citizenship, positive moral character, and acceptable work ethics. In addition, students will have the opportunity to be an advocate and representative for the Career Academy, assisting with recruiting programs, tours, Open House, etc.
Ambassador nominations will be collected from each of the career technical program instructors.
The ambassador nomination form is designed to provide a broad base upon which to evaluate candidates.
- Each of the 7 high schools should be represented.
- Ambassador nominees must have a strong moral character in leadership, citizenship, integrity, and self-motivation.
- The nominees must have the desire and willingness for public appearances and public speaking abilities.
- Entries must have all signatures (nominee, parent(s) of the nominee, career tech teacher, and career tech counselor).
- A copy of the student’s transcript and profile will be reviewed by a committee. Ambassador nominees should be the top student(s) of their class or have an overall 2.5 GPA.
- Collaboration from associate schools may be used for additional information.
- Entries are due to the career tech counselor by the first Friday in September to be considered for Ambassadorship.
- Winners and instructors will be notified within five days from the date above.
- Each qualifying nominee will be presented with a Certificate of Merit at the Senior Celebration.
Nomination forms for the Ambassador Program should be completed and returned to the counselor, Ms. Nash. If you have questions, you may reach Ms. Nash at 256-741-4607.