Beginning Monday, we will start back to school online. All students in grades 7-12 have Google accounts that have been in use since the beginning of the school year. They will use Gmail and Google Classroom to get assignments from teachers. If help is needed, there is another document available at our school's website that contains contact numbers and e-mail addresses for all teachers. Teachers will be available Monday through Thursday from 9-1. You may call or email them as needed for assistance with assignments or instruction.
For those who do not have Internet access at home and only those without Internet, we have created paper packets of the same work available online. Please do not come to the school if your child is able to access their assignments via the Internet, Chromebook, and/or home computer.
Paper packets for those who need them will be available for pickup on Monday, April 6th. Please follow the schedule and instructions for pick up so we do not have overlap and risk congregating in a place. I do not anticipate that many people will need to come in for paper packets, but if you do please follow the instructions.
Procedures for picking up paper packets are as follows:
1. Pull up at your designated time.
2. Call 7608 (Annex building for grades 7-9) or 7603 (Main building for grades 10-12).
3. Tell the office staff your student's name and teachers name and provide the phone number you are calling from.
4. The office staff will put together the packet call you back. Once you receive the call that your packet is ready, you will be directed to the door and the packet may be picked up outside the door to the building designated for pick-up (Annex 7-9 and Main 10-12).
5. If you have to complete a paper packet instead of online, you will need a way to return the completed work to the school for grading.
6. Beginning Wednesday, April 15th and each Wednesday thereafter, students may drop off packets for grading (these are for paper packets only, including those from over the break). Drop off days are only on Wednesdays. A five day waiting period will be adhered to before items are given to teachers (this will help decrease the possibility of contamination. To drop off completed packets, there will be a locked box at the front of the Main building only on Wednesdays from 0800-200 from April 15 through May 20.
The schedule below is for pickups on Monday, April 6, 2020
8AM - Grade 7 (packets available in Annex Building)
10AM - Grade 8 (packets available in Annex Building)
11AM - Grade 9 (packets available in Annex Building)
8AM - Grade 10 (packets available in Main Building)
10AM - Grade 11 (packets available in Main Building)
11AM - Grade 12 (packets available in Main Building)
ComCast announced Thursday that it will be offering a program called Internet Essentials free to NEW, low-income customers for TWO MONTHS, amid the coronavirus outbreak.
To sign up, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
Please note that AFTER the TWO FREE MONTHS customers will have to CANCEL or be charged. Their website says customers may cancel at any time. A brief APPLICATION is required.
Students and Parents,
Please click on the link below to view the WWHS Faculty and Staff Contact Page. Our faculty and staff will be available via email or phone Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 1PM to assist you with any academic needs or general questions.
Parents and Students,
We hope everyone is staying well during this time away from school. Our food program will be open for food distribution starting next Tuesday from 10-1 at the Elementary School. On Tuesday, we will begin distributing food from 10-1 in the car rider line at the Elementary School for Elementary and High School students. By signing up for food, you will get a box of food for the week for school-age children in your family.
Due to expected high demand, we ask that you fill this form out no later than Friday of each week so we can get the information to our lunch staff for box set-up. Click on the link below to let us know of your needs. Thank you and stay well!
Complete the form by Friday of each week until further notice. Food distribution will take place every Tuesday from 10-1.