In the late 1940's, the Joseph Saks family donated land for a school in the Saks community in the northern suburb of Anniston. The school would become Saks Jr. High School covering grades 1-9. A small, white building would house the first grades at the school, but a new brick structure complete with a Jr. High gym that was "state of the art," at the time, was to follow. The school was expanded to include senior high grades (9-12) in the late 50's with the first graduating class to come in 1962.
Today, Saks enjoys a campus that includes three buildings for classes, two gyms, a band room, a choir room, a large Home Economics Department, and a beautiful athletic complex with four fields, but the campus is still known as "Dear ol' S.H.S."
Recently completing an 8 million dollar renovation project to the school building and facilities, Saks High is a beautiful campus located in Calhoun County. The renovations to the school include upgrades to classrooms, band facility, Family and Consumer Science department, gymnasium locker rooms and offices, weight room, wrestling room and choir room.