Providing services to students that promote optimum health for academic success
- Reduce students health-related absenteeism
- Eliminate or minimize health problems that impair learning
- Reduce or prevent health problems through education
- Help students to achieve the highest degree of independent functioning
- Assit with referrals and screenings
- Every child is entitled to a level of health that permits maximum utilization of educational opportunities.
- Parents have the basic responsibility for the health of their children, school nurses work in partnership with parents and physicians in providing health services to their children/patients while in school.
- The appropriate roles of the nurse in the school health program include delivery of health services, advocate for the rights of children; counselor for health concerns of children, families, and staff and educator for school/community health concerns.