Randy Thrash – Lieutenant Colonel (U.S. Army, Retired)
LTC (R) Randy Thrash is a 1987 graduate of Weaver High School. He enlisted in the Alabama Army National Guard in September of 1987 while attending Jacksonville State University. He received his Bachelors Degree in Forensic Science and was simultaneously commissioned as a Regular Army Second Lieutenant (2LT) through the Jacksonville State University Army ROTC program.
LTC (R) Randy Thrash's has served all over the world in numerous units and organizations as a Military Policeman including:
- 2 tours with the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) in Ft Campbell, KY as Platoon Leader, Battalion Executive Officer and Director of Emergency Services
- Company Commander in the 25th Infantry Division, Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
- Company Commander, Protective Service Unit in Washington DC (responsible for the personal protection of the Secretary of Defense and the top 6 Pentagon Leaders Worldwide).
- Special Assistant at the Pentagon in the highest Top Secret organization in the Department of Defense.
- Anti-Terrorism Liaison to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Washington DC
- Chief of Military Police Operations for the Republic of Korea
- Culminated his career as a Battalion Commander for 787th Military Police Battalion in Ft. Leonard Wood, MO.
LTC (R) Randy Thrash's military education includes the US Army Officer's Basic Course, US Army Officer's Advanced Course, Protective Services Training Course, US Air Force Command and Staff College.
LTC (R) Randy Thrash's civilian education includes a Masters of Science Degree, Air Force University, and a Bachelors of Science, Jacksonville State University.
LTC (R) Randy Thrash retired from the Army in 2013 after 22 years of Active Duty Service.
LTC Randy Thrash has been married to Tammy Wallace (of Weaver Class of 1988) for the past 24 years and they have 12-year-old twins Katherine (Katie) and Tyler. They now reside in Clarksville, TN.
Since retirement, LTC (R) Randy Thrash and Tammy are the founder's and owner's of Clarksville Pool & Leisure, LLC (a full service pool and leisure company) and Thrash Properties (a commercial/residential property development company).