This year SES started implementing the “7 Habits of Healthy Kids”, working towards becoming an official “Leader in Me” school. The “Leader in Me” program teaches 21st Century leadership and life skills, empowering students and bringing out the LEADER inside each one of them.
- Be Proactive: you’re in charge
- Begin with the End in Mind: Have a plan
- Put First Things First: Work First, Then Play
- Think Win – Win: Everyone Can Win
- Seek First To Understand, Then To Be Understood: Listen Before You Talk
- Synergize: Together Is Better
- Sharpen The Saw: Balance Feels Better
Named after Franklin Covey, one mind behind the development of the 7 habits, “Covey Clubs” were formed and are very much anticipated each month at SES!
SES Covey Clubs include:
- Saks Pro Shop (Golfing, Archery, Hiking, etc...)
- Go Team Go (All things sports)
- Lego/Engineering (2-4)
- Young Scientist (K-1)
- Arts and Crafts (K-4)
- Beautification (K-4)
- Mickey Mouse Club (Study various settings from Disney)
- Passport Club (Learn about different cultures and diversity of different countries)
- Saks Idol (Create performance for school and community)
- Desk to 5K
Each LEADER (no one is called a student) gets to choose his/her club. Afterwards, they are involved in all of the planning and execution of the club, ending the year by celebrating all of the great things they have accomplished together.